Alternatives Analysis Study (In Progress)
six-member cities: Oklahoma City, Edmond, Moore, Norman, Midwest City, and Del City. The Study is a major milestone towards coordinated regional transit to
complement and connect local transit with regional mobility options.The Study is a long-term guide for the region’s transportation policies, investments,
and projects. It will identify projects that align with the region’s goals and community input by leveraging previous studies and plans It will solidify a vision for regional transit solutions to work toward in the future. After the Transit System Plan is completed, we will continue in multi-year process to begin an Alternatives Analysis that will evaluate corridors, type of transit, and station locations.
First Virtual Town Hall – January 28 2021
The first Virtual Town Hall discussed the Transit System Planning process, upcoming visioning and goal setting, potential transit corridors, the other forms of transit potentially available to include in the Plan, and the future phases of transit development in Central Oklahoma. Time after the presentation was reserved to ask questions of Kimley-Horn, the RTA planning consultant.
- 2021 08 February – Transit System Plan FAQ – English & Spanish
- 2021 21 February – Virtual Town Hall Public Engagement Summary Report
The second Virtual Town Hall will be to present draft concepts and highlights of the Transit System Plan for review. After the Transit System Plan is complete, a multi-year process to begin an Alternatives Analysis will being. The Alternatives Analysis will evaluate corridors, types of transit, and station locations.
- 2021 17 March – Virtual Town Hall News Release
- 2021 31 March – Virtual Town Hall Presentation
- 2021 31 March – LIVE Virtual Town Hall Presentation + Live Q&A
- Use this link to leave a comment or submit a question about the upcoming Transit System Plan